It is pretty tough to find the mattress that you really need. A few moments of touching the beds in the busy mall? That cannot guide you enough how to choose a mattress. Such a simple act will never grant the knowledge that you need. You need data about the best products and good names in mattresses.
This post will help you as a mattress buying guide. Furthermore, it offers special new tips on how to choose the right bed.
Find Useful Mattresses
Although the usefulness of each mattress differs according to the buyer, you need to learn about the strength and kinds of products.
This knowledge can guide on ‘How to buy the best mattress for you’ and filter the unwanted mattresses away.
Know The Strength Of Your Mattress
Match how you sleep or the way you sleep with the mattress as follows:
- Sturdy – For people who lie on the tummy, the sturdy mattress can maintain the position of your spine.
- Mid-sturdy – For people who lie on their backside. Mid-sturdy supports the neck-side, spine and backside plus offering comfort.
- Soft – Awesome to people that lie on their sides. The mattress re-enforces and maintains the natural shape of the back.
Beware of some companies that tell wrong information that does not match with the product. The soft mattresses can maintain the body of the side-sleepers. If you are looking for information about the different types of mattresses, then check this link here. The link has a post with highly interesting content on that subject.
When you are buying a new mattress guide yourself with some intuitions. For instance, some people prefer the spring mattresses that maintain the spinal area and they feel that the foam-based ones can feel too strong.
Some usual kinds of mattresses are:
1. Coil-based mattresses
3. Latex-foam mattresses
4. Pocket-spring mattresses
5. Hybrid-type mattresses
Check The Mattress Sizes
We advise you to buy the biggest bed that the room can contain.
Check if the mattress sizes are close to ten or fifteen cm more than the biggest user that sleeps in the bed.
Here we recommend common bed size with measuring units for breath by Length.
1. Single-type – 91 by 185 cm
2. Single-type extra-long – 91 by 202 cm
3. King single-type – 107 by 204 cm
4. Double-type – 136 by 186 cm
5. Queen-type – 152 by 202 cm
6. King-type – 182 by 202 cm
Checking These Processes To Know What To Look For In a Mattress
The guide to buying a mattress lies in these things to do once you are in the mattress shop:
1. Use as much time as possible
- There are some shoppers who use almost ten hours or more for sleeping.
- Hence, when you lie down on the mattress at the shop use more time.
- Using just very less time to check the mattress is not ideal.
- Though you cannot sleep for hours at the shop, use your brain and body’s feelings to the maximum advantage.
2. Create movements while on the mattress
- Try rolling over, sitting, getting in quickly, or getting out fast out of the mattress.
- When you can move confidently and easily on the mattress it means it is a comfortable bed.
- Very soft beds need a higher amount of work to move. Likewise, a very sturdy bed can create pain in the hip and shoulder areas.
3. Use the slat set like the base
- Check if the base of the mattress in the mall is matching with the base in your house.
- When the user has a fixed slat set and strong surfaces, the softer mattresses can offer a strange experience when used over it, compared with the base that is used inside the mall.
4. Get help from the users or companions of your bed
- When the bed at home is used by regular users then you must bring those people in the shop.
- Take the person along with you in the shop and tell them to do the various tasks that we have mentioned in the above points.
- Let them lie in all the different ways they want.
- Check also how your movements differ when the bed companions move or sleep on it.
5. Never visit mattress shops when you are exhausted
- Any bed will feel relaxing when you are exhausted and drowsy.
- Always go to a shop when you are energetic and fully relaxed.
Apart From The Above Carry Out The Tasks Below Too:
Request the sales executives to move away for some time. Whenever you want to select any bed the executive will forever be around us. Hence, you cannot sleep properly when these people are constantly watching you and creating disturbances. Request the executive to move away from the place so that you can check the bed.
Find data about the product that they are displaying. These beds in the shop can be lying around the displaying area for many days. They can be laying there for many weeks and several buyers may have tried to sleep over it during that time. Such trials by buyers can change the strength of the bed. Ask the sellers about the length of time the beds have been in the displaying area.
Seek the proper comfort-warranty. Usually sellers do not give the warranty for comfort, then the buyer cannot give the bed back when the comfort fails. However, some options may be present in each store. Check if such options are available.
Carry the bed using your hands. Check the mass of the bed. There are some beds that can be too heavy. Such beds do not offer easy moving, shifting and cleaning of the bed.
Find The Ideal Deal For Your Bed
Sometimes if you are lucky you can use the tips below to reduce the costs:
- Use the ‘sale’ time: You can get almost forty five percent low or half price when the mattress is placed on a ‘sale day.’ Check for the ‘Sale banner on mattress shops.’
- Try haggling with the executives: Most executives are okay with shedding a few dollars to get the target number of sales that they need.
- Purchasing several beds: When you buy many beds then the prices drop considerably. If two families buy together then you can buy as many beds in bulks.
- Check the ranges: In some shops they sell particular ranges. In those ranges you can see executives selling third party brands. Check for better pricing using such ranges.
- Sellers set an amount of space within the cost. Check for that space to get a new price.
- Bargain for the right cost if you are confident about it. Such actions can help you save a lot of dollars. For instance, ask what is the best price you will offer me?
- Always remind yourself that you are not coming to shops to create a long-term link. They are selling you stuff and you are buying it. No one is going to shout or ask you to leave if you ask for the right price.
Warranty Of The Bed
How do you create a guarantee claim on the bed? Such a task may be confusing since some sellers may argue with you. Especially in terms of claims under comfortability, mistakes and some things can change after usual usage.
Check all the words in the terms and conditions within the guarantee of the bed. Most beds have the usual ten years guarantee time span. Some guarantee does not offer claims from lowering of the bed until twenty-six to thirty-six millimeters. Heat and other factors can change the lowering measurements of the bed. Some spring beds can be devious in their advertisements. Check if the end result is the same as that was advertised.
Getting refunds from the shop is a bit tricky as well. It depends on various factors. Ultimately you have to choose the best bed that has no issues. Refunds may be tricky when the bed has the following issues:
2. Sizes that is not correct with the bases
3. High sag result due to long usage
4. Damage after wrong usage and manhandling
5. Bad scents and usual wearing of product
Even after everything if the buyer still feels that he got the bad bed then do the following.
You must be consistent about meeting the seller. And in such cases use the ACCC repairing, replacing and refunding customer warranty while you try to get a refund.
The Life Of The Bed
Try to buy a new mattress every time after using them for over seven years.
No matter what the elements in it are you must replace them.
Check the following guidelines:
- When you feel that you don’t feel as fresh or energetic after a night’s sleep then it is indicating the need to replace the bed.
- Check for the sag, any lumpy occurrences and is not maintaining the back side properly.
- If the body is aching after sleeping on the bed then it is high time to replace it.
- Check the scents that the bed emits.
- We drop several things like dandruff, dust, and more into the bed.
- Over time the bed becomes grimy and has a strange unhealthy scent.
- Pet cats, dogs and kids can change the scent of any mattress.
- Vacuuming can help in certain times.
- Stains and scents are a big indicator of the quality of the bed.
- You can flip not all mattresses.
- Some have added layers that make flipping the mattress impossible.
Which is the Best Place to Buy a Mattress?
Check out our website beds4u.com.au. The website has exclusive ranges and types of mattresses that can help you. Choose the right mattress using our executives or pick the one you love. We offer all types of mattresses in the Australia or Perth area.
Hope It Helped
We hope that this mattress buying guide helped you to the maximum. Hence, now you don’t have to think hard about what mattress is best for you. Just check the above tips and instructions to buying a bed of your dreams. You deserve a good night’s sleep to wake up as a fighter each morning.
Beds4U is one of the best beds online stores in Perth. Perfect for all your bedroom furniture and accessory needs like slumber care mattress, king size beds , single beds, queen size beds etc. In fact, the stock consists of an extensive range of high-quality products to suit all tastes and budgets! For more details contact us today.